I want to read more real life ghost stories please

wendy

Postby opi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:18 pm

post itt when you listen to tim hecker & lie down on the floor

opi
medicine bottle

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:21 pm

wendy wrote:I want to read more real life ghost stories please

the story of 50 Berkeley Square creeped me out massively as a kid, possibly because the ghost had a variety of forms from a mist to an unnameable birdlike beast, which as a kid who experienced hallucinatory night terrors in the era of The Dark Crystal was something I had a deep fear of, plus the episodic nature of the hauntings involving skeptics, sailors spending the night, a guy who was frightened to death.. (possibly because they were invented/puffed up by a writer)

http://www.cryptopia.us/site/2010/01/nameless-thing-of-berkeley-square-england/
the above link goes on some wild tangents including
Some have described as an amorphous being, formless and slimy, which emits a “gruesome sloppy noise” when it moves; while others insist it is a dark, shapeless, spectral form, which was described as a “collection of shadows,” that attacks its victims with clawed feet and razor sharp, bird-like talons. Though accounts conflict regarding the actual shape and size of the beast, at least one eyewitness has included tentacles in his description of the creature, likening the fiend to a small, viciously deformed octopus, which pulls itself across the floor, leaving a viscous trail in its wake.

This description has led some researchers to speculate that the Thing may actually be some kind of mutated FRESHWATER OCTOPI or an unknown, amphibious, marine animal that managed to migrate from the Thames into London’s vast subterranean sewer system, where it was able to infiltrate the Berkeley Square home via the plumbing. It can also be speculated that this beast was looking to feed on the ample rat population that dwelt in the house, when it accidentally stumbled across the more “substantial” prey of the drunken sailors.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:27 pm

I remember reading one time that William James asked his brother to stay in his house for like 2 weeks after his death to see if he would attempt to contact his brother from the other side. James' brother reported nothing unusual. Always found that fairly depressing.

I don't believe in ghosts but I think both my parents have visited me in dreams (they're both dead)

rich uncle skeleton

Postby Casimir » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:30 pm

I've never seen a ghost but my wife and numerous good friends who are no-nonsense all have personal experiences with what they believe to be ghosts. One went to Gettysburg for college and he is swimming in stories that I can't really do justice but the sheer number and inexplicability of what would happen has given me goosebumps any time I've heard him get into it.

During my wife's freshman year at college she claims to have woken up from a nap with an old man standing in her locked dorm room. She tried to talk to him but he just kept staring blankly and never responded. She looked away for a second and he vanished. Weeks later she was visiting one of her deans in an old school administration building that doubled as a retirement home for old jesuits. While waiting for her elevator she saw a picture of an old school leader of some sort (past president or something along those lines with a year marking his death) and, of course, it was the same guy she saw in her room.
Last edited by Casimir on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casimir

Postby odilon redon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm

i would love to see a ghost/spirits or even just be able to earnestly believe in them but i don't

odilon redon

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:34 pm

I like it when Mark E. Smith talks about the ghosts he's seen.
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

An Indulgent Mother

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Can anyone recommend a spooky ghosty podcast to fall asleep to

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Cas & grey poupon those are good stories

wendy

Postby PROBLEM ATTIC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:55 pm

Ugh I love spaceman 3 so much
お願いします、それ以外は
And did you know how much I love you

PROBLEM ATTIC
clown is my friend

Postby PROBLEM ATTIC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Ever seen one you think clown?
お願いします、それ以外は
And did you know how much I love you

PROBLEM ATTIC
clown is my friend

Postby dr. badvibes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:43 pm

wendy wrote:I would like to see a ghost but I'd need to be in a good place emotionally aka feeling brave

my thoughts on this is, either the ghost can't touch me, in which case i get to see extremely bona fide CGI, or, the ghost can touch me and, oh well, i can always smash it up badly with a weapon (of my choosing) if it gets too tumultuous. i don't believe in ghosts with special strength.

dr. badvibes

Postby Casimir » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm

OK, just remembered another one from growing up.

In high school, one of my best friends worked at a farm throughout the summer and fall. This place had a market attached and also ran a hay-ride, pumpkin picking, etc. Anyway, part of his duties required taking a pickup truck full of trash from the market to a dumpster located on a remote part of the property at the end of the night. There aren't any lights on this part of the property so he just parks the truck with the headlights pointing towards the dumpster and throws out all the garbage. This is an unremarkable and lonely chore and he never sees anyone on this part of the farm, and there aren't any homes nearby other than the family that operates the farm.

One night, he's throwing out the trash and when he turns back to the truck he sees an old man in the headlights. He's immediately creeped out because he's never seen anyone out while doing this before. He freezes and tries to talk to the guy from far away but he guy just sort of ambles off out of the light. My friend runs to the truck and slams on the pedal and in the red of his tail-lights sees the guy waving in his rearview mirror.

When he gets back the other staff can tell he's pretty freaked out and ask him what happened. He tells them the story and describes the guy he saw. About half the people there are the younger members of the family that owns the farm and when he asks who the guy was one of the girls is just crying and her older sister starts comforting her and says it's their dead grandpa and they see him occasionally. He quit on the spot.

Both he and my wife 100% believe that they saw a ghost. I want to believe in ghosts but I've been living in a city too long to be spooked.

Casimir

Postby carrion » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:27 am

i don't really believe in ghosts, but i guess i'd be open to the idea.

i did have a strange experience last time i visited my aunt and uncle's house in arkansas. they live in a cabin my uncle and grandfather built on some land on top of a mountain, pretty much in the ozarks. it's pretty isolated and a decent drive to the nearest small town.

my wife and i were staying in my cousin's old room, where i usually stay when i visit. i've never felt anything weird there in all the years i've been visiting.
i think it was christmas eve, and we'd all stayed up chatting and drinking. my wife went to bed before me. i eventually decided to head up to bed. the room was pitch black, and as i was getting ready for bed i suddenly had this strange feeling that something was in the room with us. there were some weird sculptures in the room my other cousin had made, but i was used to those, and i felt like whatever was in the room was in a specific corner where there were no sculptures. after i got in bed, i felt this fear come over me. i could swear that in that corner of the room across from the bed, there was a black mass looming. it felt like whatever was there was not human, but it was watching us, and i felt very threatened. i don't think i've ever really felt anything like that. i eventually got to sleep, but was pretty scared and felt like this thing was going to get closer.

the next day, when i told my wife that i felt like there had been something in the room, she said she had felt like there was a looming black mass/void in the same corner of the room, and it wasn't happy that we were there.

at some point that day, she was having a conversation with my aunt, and out of nowhere my aunt mentioned that she thought there were spirits in the house. she also confided that my cousin's daughter had complained about an old woman that would keep her awake at night just talking non-stop when she stayed in that room. my aunt thinks it's her (my aunt's) mom, from the way the kid described what she saw.

for bonus weirdness, i was taking the compost out with my aunt after our christmas dinner, and she said she was scared to go outside at night by herself, because for several years they've been seeing some sort of creature that wasn't like any of the animals they'd ever seen up there. it was kind of humanoid, but also dog-like, and had glowing red eyes. this wouldn't have freaked me out much, but my cousin had also told me a while back that he'd seen the same thing.

carrion

Postby carrion » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:36 am

wendy wrote:Can anyone recommend a spooky ghosty podcast to fall asleep to

lady carrion listens to a bunch of spooky/paranormal podcasts. i know she really like jim harold's campfire and one called anything ghost. don't know if you've checked either of those out, but they have some pretty good ghost stories and soothing hosts that will put you to sleep.
we also listen to darkness radio with dave schrader, who's a location scout for ghost adventures. they talk about a lot of different things paranormal, but mondays are always ghost story days. a couple days ago they interviewed the real life survivors of the amityville horror, the conjuring, and the haunting in connecticut.

carrion

Postby kirito » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:40 am

i don't believe in ghosts but i am afraid of them
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:05 am

I didn't until I saw this ghost caught on tape.

http://i.imgur.com/94s4Hs1.gifv

spooky stuff.
lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

guy forget wrote:Woah wait a minute Phish is dumb as hell

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby arepa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 am

nonchalant wrote:My friend started getting haunted by this ghost and at first it totally freaked her and her roommate out, but I guess the spirit started to help her out spiritually and she became friends with it, but the other roommate held a seance and banished the ghost, and didn't tell my friend, but my friend sensed the ghost was gone and got super pissed at her roommate and it caused a huge rift between them and they are currently trying to get the ghost back

true story

how did it help her spiritually?

arepa

Postby def from above » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:23 am

carrion wrote:i don't really believe in ghosts, but i guess i'd be open to the idea.

i did have a strange experience last time i visited my aunt and uncle's house in arkansas. they live in a cabin my uncle and grandfather built on some land on top of a mountain, pretty much in the ozarks. it's pretty isolated and a decent drive to the nearest small town.

my wife and i were staying in my cousin's old room, where i usually stay when i visit. i've never felt anything weird there in all the years i've been visiting.
i think it was christmas eve, and we'd all stayed up chatting and drinking. my wife went to bed before me. i eventually decided to head up to bed. the room was pitch black, and as i was getting ready for bed i suddenly had this strange feeling that something was in the room with us. there were some weird sculptures in the room my other cousin had made, but i was used to those, and i felt like whatever was in the room was in a specific corner where there were no sculptures. after i got in bed, i felt this fear come over me. i could swear that in that corner of the room across from the bed, there was a black mass looming. it felt like whatever was there was not human, but it was watching us, and i felt very threatened. i don't think i've ever really felt anything like that. i eventually got to sleep, but was pretty scared and felt like this thing was going to get closer.

the next day, when i told my wife that i felt like there had been something in the room, she said she had felt like there was a looming black mass/void in the same corner of the room, and it wasn't happy that we were there.

at some point that day, she was having a conversation with my aunt, and out of nowhere my aunt mentioned that she thought there were spirits in the house. she also confided that my cousin's daughter had complained about an old woman that would keep her awake at night just talking non-stop when she stayed in that room. my aunt thinks it's her (my aunt's) mom, from the way the kid described what she saw.

for bonus weirdness, i was taking the compost out with my aunt after our christmas dinner, and she said she was scared to go outside at night by herself, because for several years they've been seeing some sort of creature that wasn't like any of the animals they'd ever seen up there. it was kind of humanoid, but also dog-like, and had glowing red eyes. this wouldn't have freaked me out much, but my cousin had also told me a while back that he'd seen the same thing.

How in the hell did you get to sleep that night?

Have you seen anything at that place since?
What had happen was...

def from above

Postby elaine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 am

Spend a lot of time trying to become aware of the ghosts around me, never really worked, as a kid I used to sometimes whisper "hey grandpa" in bed, thinking he might be ghosting around but i stopped doing that when i started jerking off cause i didn't wanna whisper "get the fuck out of here, grandpa"
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

tarantula wrote:yeah, elaine gets it

dvr wrote:I gotta listen to that Chills

elaine

Postby grouchypants » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:02 am

I don't believe in ghosts like the poltergeist, throwing stuff around, walking among us types, but I definitely believe in evil presences! Pretty sure I've narrowly avoided a few hauntings by malevolent forces disguised as deceased family members. Always in dreams. My "grandmother" called me on the phone in a dream once, but the dream phone was unplugged, and my subconscious screamed at me that it was a demon on the phone trying to lure me. My "father" in another one was screaming for help from a super creepy bunker type thing. I wanted to run to help him but an unidentified dream person physically restrained me and told me not to because it wasn't really him. Woke up crying from that one. Still makes me shudder.

grouchypants

Postby wendy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 am

carrion wrote:
wendy wrote:Can anyone recommend a spooky ghosty podcast to fall asleep to

lady carrion listens to a bunch of spooky/paranormal podcasts. i know she really like jim harold's campfire and one called anything ghost. don't know if you've checked either of those out, but they have some pretty good ghost stories and soothing hosts that will put you to sleep.
we also listen to darkness radio with dave schrader, who's a location scout for ghost adventures. they talk about a lot of different things paranormal, but mondays are always ghost story days. a couple days ago they interviewed the real life survivors of the amityville horror, the conjuring, and the haunting in connecticut.

i listened to anything ghost last night to fall asleep and it did the opposite of help me sleep

which i guess i should have anticipated

but thank you for the recs, i'll def listen while the sun is up

wendy

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 am

Yeah I believe in ghosts/supernatural. Had an insanely terrifying unexplainable experience in someone's house. Came to find others had experienced the exact phenomenon there. Typed it up once on hipinion but no one seemed to care. Too long to do again, but totally poltergeistish.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby wendy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 am

can u find the post please

wendy

Postby rixx » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am

arepa wrote:
nonchalant wrote:My friend started getting haunted by this ghost and at first it totally freaked her and her roommate out, but I guess the spirit started to help her out spiritually and she became friends with it, but the other roommate held a seance and banished the ghost, and didn't tell my friend, but my friend sensed the ghost was gone and got super pissed at her roommate and it caused a huge rift between them and they are currently trying to get the ghost back

true story

I guess she had a lot of repressed trauma and psychological issues and she felt the ghost was helping her get past it all

and then the roommate did some sort of Ouija board candle seance thing and kicked the ghost out

rixx

Postby elaine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:24 am

nonchalant wrote:
arepa wrote:

true story

I guess she had a lot of repressed trauma and psychological issues and she felt the ghost was helping her get past it all

and then the roommate did some sort of Ouija board candle seance thing and kicked the ghost out

did they make "have you seen this ghost?" posters?
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

elaine

Postby viachicago » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

Last edited by viachicago on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
viachicago

Postby elaine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

does sound like psychosis, the ghost being a functional coping method

elaine

Postby Poptone » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 am

i get really uncomfortable when friends/acquaintances talk about believing in this stuff cos i don't want to do/say anything insulting but there's no nice way to say "this is dumb and ghosts are not a thing"

Poptone
cat fan

Postby rixx » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:29 am

elaine wrote:did they make "have you seen this ghost?" posters?

I'm not exactly sure how they are going about getting the ghost back. i will text her

rixx

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley