never infected (to my knowledge)
24%
infected once
49%
infected more than once
27%

Total votes : 174

Postby bat house » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:18 am

Thanks easy. We did have hugs and some good last chats about the merits of light rail and free ridership in metro areas. Ha

Though my sister got his last words before going to sleep, ‘alright, enough for now’

bat house

Postby here to watch » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:22 am

It's been 17 days since my mom (67, double jab Pfizer) tested positive and what a wild ride it's been. From the start she was really out of it, and achey with a nasty cough. I monitored her temp and O2 three times a day. Only ever a low fever, but her O2 steadily dropped. She got the antibody infusion on day 3 and by day 4 I took her to the hospital with O2 consistently below 90. She spent three days in the hospital where they gave her remdesivir and put her on oxygen. After bringing her home on oxygen she gradually got better. But now she's still not there mentally or physically, probably has the long covid or whatever, and I'm burned out on it all. I guess it doesn't help that we buried my dad in January and she has that same vacant look in her eyes that he did as the dementia took him. Not entirely sure why I'm sharing all this on a board I mostly lurk in, but just in case it helps anyone else whose parent is covid+.
here to watch

Postby easy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am

ugh i’m so sorry

awful.

sad page on a sad night.

i love allyou folks and i hope you continue to share if you feel comfortable

can’t believe we’re months away from the two year anniversary of this shit

easy
does it

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:46 am

Jesus fucking Christ one of my mom's friends gave her their leftover prescription ivermectin they somehow got a script for and she took it last night and today :| :x

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby kitten with a whip » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:51 am

ugh I'm so sorry

we wonder why people do things like this and hey maybe it's because they can't get decent fucking healthcare :-/

kitten with a whip

Postby sniplets » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:54 am

This is a rough page, I am so sorry y'all

sniplets

Postby kid_chameleon » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:58 am

Just want to send love to those dealing with pain on this page and others. I sometimes am able to trick myself into forgetting the hellscape for hours at a time, but when you have real-world consequences in your immediate vicinity like you're all describing, that's impossible. I hope everybody is able to take care of themselves and others. Damn.

kid_chameleon

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:59 am

laserblast wrote:ugh I'm so sorry

we wonder why people do things like this and hey maybe it's because they can't get decent fucking healthcare :-/

It might partly be that, but she's brought up ivermectin multiple times in the past as part of her excuse for why she was refusing to get vaccinated

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby kitten with a whip » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:24 pm

ugh

sending love dude. this sucks

kitten with a whip

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks! She seems to be doing well and more than anything I'm thankful that my sister put her foot down and told her she couldn't be around my newborn niece if she didn't get vaccinated, because who knows what might have happened if she didn't at least get that first dose. I am not looking forward to what all this portends for trying to take care of her as she gets older.

Like....the confirmation bias she already has because she's breathing better today and attributes it to the ivermectin she took last night and this morning. How the fuck do you even deal with that?

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Average J » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:12 pm

I have told my wife I don't want to see her unvaccinated brother and his wife. This is a challenging and difficult situation I don't fully know how to navigate.

Average J

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:23 pm

That is totally rational and I think you have to draw that line

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Average J » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Its so complicated. My wife, rightly, is of course intent on keeping strongly connected with her family.

We have an only child and I am an only child, so my kid has few relatives out there and no cousins other than the children of my unvaccinated in laws. And it's very important to my wife to keep them connected. Which I totally understand. Between my in laws and myself we are putting my wife in a horrible situation. Though I'd put that at 70/30 them.

Average J

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:40 pm

i hate when i have to turn down social situations like that and people demand some sort of explanation--- it should be absolutely obvious, and if anything, the unvaxxed should expect it
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby dusky » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:50 pm

beaming out a whole lot of love to folks on this page

dusky

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:50 pm

The only way unvaxxed people will get vaccinated is if they face real consequences for their actions. It's why my mom skirted by unvaccinated for 9-10 months even though she was one of the first people eligible to be vaccinated. My sister let her babysit my nephew all the time, so she had zero incentive (and it actually made it more difficult to convince her because she was getting what she wanted without consequence). It was only when she finally put her foot down that she got the first dose. Of course, my sister didn't put her foot down hard enough and here we are with my mom having COVID because she only got one dose.

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:21 pm

I hate how much I relate to this

I think I'll throw this on and go drive and cry for a while

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby tgk » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Get your booster!

tgk

Postby hbb » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:12 pm

I switched over from Pfizer to Moderna and it tore me UP

hbb

Postby worrywort » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:50 pm

when i switched to moderna it had me burning up, burning up for your love

worrywort

Postby hbb » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:05 pm

gets me to the church on time

hbb

Postby rankoutsider » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:20 pm

bigcat wrote:plus on a global scale boosters at this point are totally immoral so just feel smug about yourself for a few extra months for not hogging

I'll tell my partner with a severe underlying condition this to make her feel bad about getting a booster shot this week
Sprechen Sie talk?

rankoutsider

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:24 pm

rankoutsider wrote:
bigcat wrote:plus on a global scale boosters at this point are totally immoral so just feel smug about yourself for a few extra months for not hogging

I'll tell my partner with a severe underlying condition this to make her feel bad about getting a booster shot this week

at this point i feel like i'm just using one of the 1st shots millions wont ever take in this damned country
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby rubicon » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Got the booster yesterday in small town NC. Not another soul there to get it. Every appointment slot open

Not really feeling any effects whatsoever!

rubicon

Postby easy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:47 pm

hbb wrote:gets me to the church on time

:)

easy
does it

Postby port » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:02 pm

rankoutsider wrote:

Be sure to insult her dress too.

port

Postby badhat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:16 pm

i did an in person outreach event this week. first one i’ve done in person after like… ballpark 125 or so via zoom since january.

whats interesting is of course theres a fuckin line of people who dont ask Qs during Q and A but wanna get one on one time for a Q after while you’re packin up.

so this guy is like- “hey when are the comirnaty vials labeled comirnaty arriving bc my life insurance said its voided if i take an experiemental therapy and die from it.” and hes like lI know its the same i just cant take the risk for my life insurance.”

and i’m like bro i’ve already looked and thats not true. like i called the association of american life insirance carriers or whatever and they were like yeah no life insurance policy cares about your vax status or will deny a claim based on vaccination. like i had already heard this, researched it, prepared a slide. told him the truth, and he was like one hundred percent not gonna waver on waiting till he could get a dose labeled comirnaty.

i can’t tell if he was stalling or kicking the can or really got bad advice from his carriers call center. but it was a real baffling convo.

i like online outreach better

badhat

Postby badhat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:18 pm

hes like calling pharmacies and shit and asking what the vials they have say

badhat

Postby bat house » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:11 am

Got my Moderna booster this afternoon and have been feeling fine. For people in CA it's really easy to find a place to make an appointment at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/nc ... hcwsignup/

From our experience it was really easy to make an appointment at The Doctor in West Hollywood on Santa Monica. We kinda messed up bringing just our digital vax cards not the physical ones so we had to have second cards made, and also that my partner booked us together when we needed to have separate appointments for govt records. It wasn't a problem, they had me book in for a future slot just so I was in their records but we still did it at the same time. Highly recommended, they were so nice and chill, which makes sense since they have a history of serving the LGBTQ community in the neighborhood. (There was also a chill dude getting a double banana bag IV probably for a massive hangover, lol)

bat house

Postby Jerry Lundegaard » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:11 pm

am i supposed to feel bad for getting a booster shot?

Jerry Lundegaard

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley