Hades video game thread (PC/Switch)

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm

tgk2 wrote:
whatabout tim wrote:Dumb epilogue question

Where does the house party take place? I want to pimp out the west part if it’s in there but I could see it just being a garden partyToggle Spoiler

unfortunately the party is all done off screenToggle Spoiler

Bummer.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:01 pm

idont consider myself Bad At Games normally but like, should i have beaten it by now, or at least be able to beat Theseus more consistently? i'm on like #36 and i have beatem him like mayyyybe twice?
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby tgk2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

took me like 60 attempts to win the game. aside from the final boss theseus and the minotaur are by far the hardest part. if you can, pick the miniboss door during elysium to fight the minotaur solo so when you meet him again w/ theseus his health bar is down.

You got all your death defiances loaded up? you using that mirror upgrade where if an enemy has multiple status curses on them you deal extra damage?

tgk2

Postby tgk2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:09 pm

strategy wise i like to focus exclusively on the minotaur, just keeping an eye on staying far enough from theseus so he can't use his melee attack and then making sure i duck outta the way when he's about to launch his spear, which will chip the most health of any attack between the two of them. stay around the perimeter, the columns are your friend esp for dodging the spear attack

tgk2

Postby conductor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:20 pm

tgk2 wrote:you using that mirror upgrade where if an enemy has multiple status curses on them you deal extra damage?

this is basically the key to the game

conductor

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:54 pm

I also used keepsakes to try to get certain boons. I’d recommend the tooth for hades your first few clears to learn his patterns but it may be worth doing for thessius and the bull if those are giving you trouble.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby That Demon Life » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm

tgk2 wrote:took me like 60 attempts to win the game. aside from the final boss theseus and the minotaur are by far the hardest part. if you can, pick the miniboss door during elysium to fight the minotaur solo so when you meet him again w/ theseus his health bar is down.

You got all your death defiances loaded up? you using that mirror upgrade where if an enemy has multiple status curses on them you deal extra damage?

Beat it as in 1 clear, 10 clears (ending), or final extra ending/epilogue/whatever (varying clears)?

That Demon Life

Postby tgk2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:43 pm

First clear.

tgk2

Postby conductor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:29 pm

whatabout tim wrote:I also used keepsakes to try to get certain boons. I’d recommend the tooth for hades your first few clears to learn his patterns but it may be worth doing for thessius and the bull if those are giving you trouble.

if you can manage to get to styx with all 3 DD's (through luck/skill/or replenishing via the NPC or well of charon), it supposedly makes more sense to go with the health boost from the collar than the extra revive from the tooth.

but yeah generally speaking, when you're still entering styx a bit beat up it probably makes sense to go with the tooth at first.

conductor

Postby conductor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 pm

and yeah for about half the weapons I have an attack boon that I want, so I'll target those with god trinkets when I'm running them.

conductor

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:06 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:idont consider myself Bad At Games normally but like, should i have beaten it by now, or at least be able to beat Theseus more consistently? i'm on like #36 and i have beatem him like mayyyybe twice?

Just use God Mode like me, a peasant. :lol:

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby conductor » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:36 pm

I forgot how absolutely filthy Aspect of Rama is... I ended up with explosive shot and double shot and cleared Theseus/Minotaur in, no exaggeration, like 15 seconds

conductor

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:07 pm

I need to mess with the hidden aspects some more. All seem to legitimately change the gameplay. I got a little burned out going for the epilogue, which was a huge disappointment to me but I have a handful of weird things to still check out. I may try Charon (twice even for the quest). I tried once early on and he handed me my ass worse than hades ever did

Edit: come to think of it, I never beat three cycle hades so I may just do that first
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:05 pm

man i dont think i've done much with that at all. i think i had one titan blood and that's it? and yeah i havent been strategic about the keepsakes at all either. hmmmmmm
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:39 am

yeah so i used the keepsake to get poseidon on the first go, but didnt notice where i could change out keepsakes between regions so i forgot to change it out for something else. i think my best early runs were when i had poseidon and dionysus, so i'm kinda partial to them.

anyways made it to hades my first try with this, so i'm definitely gonna try again, being more strategic with the keepsakes. i think maybe i haven't been taking enough advantage of the stuff like that or the mirror upgrades.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:24 am

I think I'd never successfully cleared with the sword until I tried the aspect of Nemesis, and started a rhythm of thwacking the special down then dashing and slashing through a group of enemies as fast as I could while the effect lasted, then repeating. My thumbs were sore by the end but it was soooo much more powerful than I expected.
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.

Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:12 pm

yeah i think now that i'm switchin keepsakes around, i'm doing a lot better. i WRECKED theseus yesterday, and made it to hades 2nd form lol.

had like 350 max hp this time lol. poseidon and dionysus are rad, but i need someone else with a status effect again. i think i had someone with Freeze or something the other day, so stacking that with the Dionysus drunk effect would be sick, especially with that one mirror upgrade.

also got a hammer effect that gave me a few points of bonus health every time i finished an enemy with the Special, which was amazing

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Viz » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:10 pm

Decided to start this up again, unlocked all the hidden aspects now and finally learning how to use the bow effectively.

Also started a new save where I actually pay attention to the story and listen to the admittedly great voice acting, instead of impatiently cutting them all short.
Viz

Postby ashtrayheart » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:26 pm

been doing casual runs of this on 15 heat; i was going 1 heat (gotta put 1 heat into the time limit one so you don’t get those outlast the enemies levels), but i didn’t wanna get soft on forced overtime and i can typically nab the erebus boons so i want to keep those unlocked). still finding out sick combos. relentless volley + concentrated volley + aspect of chiron + impending doom + curse of pain + dire misfortune + curse of longing + curse of nausea + dionysus aid + trippy shot + black out + heartbreak strike + sweet surrender. i watched hades health bar go down in 25% chunks

ashtrayheart

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm

i have done like 40 runs now and made it to the final boss a few times (getting pretty consistent now!) and i understand like maybe 10% of that post lol

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:13 pm

Don't worry about heat until after your first clear. You can't even see those options yet.

I may be done after about 100 hrs and 40+ clears. Highest heat I completed was 18, beyond that I just felt too at the whims of the random boons. Ride or die with my spear tho (even if I'm better with the bow, fists, and railgun). Everybody swears by the shield but other than the one that spins and hits people with lightning it felt underpowered to me (I could never get the one that adds a shield throw to work well, just felt too delayed gratification and half the time I was dashing too far through enemies to make my throws go the wrong direction). I also kind of hated blocking to charge up the bash. Spear spin felt like a more satisfying risk-reward to me.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby tgk2 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:47 pm

tgk2

Postby Viz » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:10 pm

Been replaying this a lot lately as a my balm game.

Did a fresh restart and actually paying attention to the dialogue this time. Just started the side quest where Dionysus wants to prank Orpheus.

God personalities ranked:
1. Artemis - Love her so much and the only one I feel bad about "lying" to.
2. Poseidon - Probably has the best replies when he forgives you after choosing someone else.
3. Demeter - Always liked the "old matriarch" who hates everything personality
4. Ares
5. Dionysus - Out of all them, he's the most "yeah, whatever, I don't care" of not being chosen, but you know he hates you
6. Athena - boring
7. Aphrodite - boring
8. Hermes
9. Zeus
Viz

Postby tgk2 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:32 pm

Agree with that list. Love artemis and poseidon. Where does Hades fit in? Id put him top 3

tgk2

Postby That Demon Life » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Yeah Artemis is the best.

That Demon Life

Postby tgk2 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:36 pm

also her boon where every attack also fires a seeking arrow is one of the best in the game.

tgk2

Postby Viz » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Yah! The seeking arrow mixed with chain lightning on the fists is one of my favourites.

I'd include Hades in my top 3 of "non-helper" characters for sure.

1. Hypnos
2. Theseus - the voice acting on him is incredible
3. Hades
Viz

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:52 pm

Guys, maybe not a huge deal to anyone but me, but I finally cleared 32 heat with Claws to get the 3rd statue and I was jumping up and down and screaming with my daughter (who was very helpful in Styx with the godforsaken rats and Satyrs and making sure I healed).

By far the highest heat I've beaten the game with. Got Demeter call which was instrumental. Don't love her beam cast necessarily but pumped it enough to cause real damage.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby conductor » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:20 pm

conductor

Postby jefe górgory » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:26 pm

Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:Guys, maybe not a huge deal to anyone but me, but I finally cleared 32 heat with Claws to get the 3rd statue and I was jumping up and down and screaming with my daughter (who was very helpful in Styx with the godforsaken rats and Satyrs and making sure I healed).

By far the highest heat I've beaten the game with. Got Demeter call which was instrumental. Don't love her beam cast necessarily but pumped it enough to cause real damage.

whoa hell yea
:D
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley