Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:45 pm

iambic wrote:
petrichor wrote:doesn't completely shit the bed in it's last act

:?

🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:56 pm

broodstar wrote:Wtf Alaska edited her post I was thinking about quoteposting Mario Galaxy at a B in the Nintendo thread then just dipping out

while i dont actually think galaxy is a b tier game, i am all for shitty posts in the nintendo thread
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby frog bongino » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:00 pm

broodstar wrote:
iambic wrote:
petrichor wrote:doesn't completely shit the bed in it's last act

:?

frog bongino

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:02 pm

On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:19 pm

🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:55 pm

I wanna try this fancy hd metroid prime deal

alaska

Postby baby gap » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:43 pm

a few days ago i finished wild arms 3! finishing that and okage this year was really awesome i'm going to focus on xenosaga now but i went to steam to get trails in the sky only to find i've had it since 2016! :)

baby gap

Postby Aeris » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:05 pm

gay

Aeris

Postby baby gap » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:03 am

Just finished mega man 8 I have lots of nostalgia for this game and think its sick aesthetically had a lot of fun finally beating it :) Image

baby gap

Postby baby gap » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:04 am

So much nostalgia for clown mans stage and a bit for the snowboarding but damn the wily stage snowboarding was tough

baby gap

Postby baby gap » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:22 am

Finished Games '23

Wild Arms 2 the dungeons are really fun the graphics are charming but not as good as other jrpgs on the ps1 this series innovates on the typical jrpg overworld system by having the player walk around pressing the square button as a green ring emanates from the character and any locations or secret items caught within materialize this is fun sometimes but also annoying

Pokemon Crystal (johto league) i grabbed this as the eshop was closing probably the best soundtrack of all the games i played this year i played this a bunch at work

Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles (Rhapsody 2) fighting for love and honour has never been so easy! paper mario copied a scene from this funny easy

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht played this on a ps2 emulator it was great

Persona 4 Golden this was the first game i started this year finished the main game and had to put it down for a while before returning and finishing the added content this was really fun heartbeat heartbreak rocks

R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 this had the second best soundtrack and was probably the most fun of all the games this year the soundtrack combined with the graphics and gameplay is an experience

Gleylancer very fun genesis shooter the first time ive finished a shooter theres a brain tickling feeling as you weave your ship in between obstacles

baby gap

Postby alaska » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:41 am

oh fuck good idea

alaska

Postby alaska » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 am

i just set up xenosaga again i got stuck in on the gargoyle boss in the ugliest place in the game but im gonna follow a guide this itme lol

alaska

Postby baby gap » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:52 am

xenosaga is an ugly game

baby gap

Postby baby gap » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:54 am

A really cool thing about the wild arms series is that it lets you name your characters And your spells and it’s not just for show the names appear a lot so it’s a good one to come up with funny names for and that’s a fun way to interact with the game

baby gap

Postby hazel » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:44 am

i mostly played souls games this year but i want to shout out:

higurashi when they cry
one of my favorite experiences of art ever.

age of empires ii
great game
I try to avoid poetry at all costs, on every occasion. So why am I intrigued and bewitched by this?

hazel

Postby shizaam » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am

really didn't play much this year, maybe more this winter
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
mario wonder
TOTK

shizaam

Postby hazel » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:00 am

im playing 13 sentinels rn!! great way to close out the year
I try to avoid poetry at all costs, on every occasion. So why am I intrigued and bewitched by this?

hazel

Postby Muad'dib bin Stiltzkin » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:41 am

I feel like I played a lot of games this year, but still missed a lot that came out and was reminded that there are just so many games

here's some wrapped thing Sony made for me. thanks sony

and Nintendo made this too.. awww.,..

that's all the games I played this year. that and disco Elysium, but I haven't beaten that yet and kinda took a break from it. so,

games that came out this year:

1) Armored Core VI -- I played this the least of the 3, but it's the only one I imagine myself replaying or revisiting anytime soon. I still have ng++ and the last ending to do!

2) Final Fantasy XVI -- I don't know I see a lot of flaws and missed opportunities with this game (side quests are kinda barebones and combat lacks depth without elements, status effects, party members, etc) but I was really charmed by this game and I liked hanging out in this new world. I am kinda kicking myself because I traded it in so I can't play the dlc, but maybe in a few years I'll pick up some complete edition on sale and replay. to be honest, I think I was happy with this game so much cause I hadn't played a final fantasy since 12 and didn't play 7R yet, which I think this feels kind of slight in comparison to.

3) TOTK -- I put a lot of hours into this and had a lot of fun, but I think this being a direct sequel really takes away from its memorability. I guess it's a better game than BOTW all things considered, but it just lacked that new, exciting feeling of BOTW. the godhand making stuff just never really interested me or felt fun even if it is amazing. some of the temples were kind of duds and I missed the interactivity gimmick that every divine beast had, but the boss fights were good to great and the entire last "dungeon" to the final boss and ending are peak zelda.

Games new to me played this year:

1) Yakuza: Like a Dragon -- this was the first Yakuza game I played. I fell in love with it completely and I can't wait for infinite wealth. I wasn't expecting to love the combat so much, but it is a really, really well done turn based jrpg. Some of the big name end game bosses were really challenging and had me thinking out moves in advance in a way I haven't done for a while. I loved hanging out with my party and getting to know them at the bar. amazing game, probably my favorite game played this year overall. and I think I started this game in 2022 and finished in 2023, pretty sure I have more than 40 hours on it

2) Final Fantasy VII Remake -- I have a big fondness for this game because I watched my friend stream it on discord with some pals in early quarantine times. so I had already seen a complete play through before playing this and it still felt fresh to me. I love it, just wish the gameplay wasn't interrupted by cutscenes so often. excited for rebirth now, glad I played it. I had planned to wait until the 3 episodes were all released to play them all back to back but my friend told me that was stupid and honestly he was right

3) Neon White -- when it comes to the best speedrunning 3D platforming/run n gun games with deck building elements this has got to be at the top of that conversation

4) Yakuza 0 -- is it bad as a new fan of the series to say I'm glad it's not a brawler anymore? also loading when going in and out of buildings was a real drag coming from like a dragon. anyway, loved this, just not as much as like a dragon.

5) Skyward Sword -- I was really digging the linearity of this and the dungeons, but it kinda repeats itself making you go back to the same three areas two times each for the main plot. the controls took some getting used to, but were pretty fun by the end (I played handheld). fun game, but I think of the ones I've played, this might be my least favorite 3D zelda

Muad'dib bin Stiltzkin
ok

Postby i am rich » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:54 am

skyrim
Eventsrova wrote:[b][size=14]Discover a World of farts

i am rich

Postby garbiel » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:01 am

Only really played the big releases this year: ToTK, SF6, BG3. Rain World Downpour finanlly released that was probably the highlight of the year for me
Low Tier God wrote:it's impossible to be a leftist as an american. maoist third worldism is the only way.

garbiel

Postby alaska » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:11 am

im not going to clarify which ones i finished because that will further implicate me as a lazy unemployed loser but i played Enough of all of these to rank them imnsho. next year every time i want to play a video game im just going tod o push ups instead.. the only one of these i didnt have a genuinely wonderful time playing was the last 20 hours of ravely default 2 but it was also a very bad time in the world and i think everything got mixed up in my head

higurashi when they cry: A+++
xenogears: A+
13 sentinels: aegis rim: A+
dragon quest v (ps2): A+
dragon quest vii (psx): A+
xenoblade chronicles 2: A+
citizen sleeper: A+
pocket card jockey: A+
octopath traveler 2: A
baldurs gate 3: A (and rising)
xenoblade chronicles definitive edition: A
super mario bros wonder: A
control: A
pathfinder: wrath of the righteous: A
trails into reverie: A
final fantasy 7 remake: A
all the ds/3ds puyo puyo games i played while i was really depressed in february and living in an attic on marthas vineyard for some reason: A
resident evil 2 remake: A
trails in the sky FC (replay): A
fire emblem path of radiance: A
the links awakening version someone made where it's all one map: A
shovel knight treasure trove: A
zelda legend minish cap: A-
odin sphere leifthrasir: A-
solatorobo red the hunter: A-
alan wake: A-
tetris effect: A-
trails of cold steel 4: A-
resident evil 4 (2006)*: A-
monster hunter world*: A-
dredge: A-
bravely default 2 (first 40 hours): B+
trails of cold steel 3: B+
cyberpunk 2077*: B+
ffxiv a realm reborn: B+
trails of cold steel: B+
suikoden: B+
fire emblem engage*: B+ (never finished last boss bc the story was so annoying but best fe gameplay maybe ever)
fire emblem fates (conquest)*: B+
fire emblem fates (birthright): B
wild arms: B
paranormasight: B
trails of cold steel 2: B
xcom: B
999 nine doors nine whatever: B
yakuza 4: B
yakuza 3: B-
bbravely default 2 (last 20 hours i played): B-

alaska

Postby Jeremy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:14 am

I tried to pick Control back up the other weekend and I could not remember what the fuck was going on. Might have to start a new playthrough.

Jeremy

Postby alaska » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:14 am

this was the first year of my life i sort of tried to keep up with New Releases and it was really fun. i cant imagine next year is as bonkers for AAA stuff as this year was but im excietd about the atlus shit at the first half of the year. still need to play totk and alan wake 2. and i think theres something else im missing.

alaska

Postby alaska » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:15 am

honestly one of my only complaints about control is that the map isn't good enough for the sort of metroidvania-y backtracking you have to do (which i do enjoy on its own terms). that coupled with how generally bewildering the vibe is and it's kind of like...i forgot what was going on too but in the middle of a session of playing it lol

alaska

Postby i am rich » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:15 am

i dont play a lot of games so i like them all pretty much
Eventsrova wrote:[b][size=14]Discover a World of farts

i am rich

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:17 am

1. spirit island: nature incarnate
2. frosthaven
3. LIMBUS COMPANY (PEAK FICTIONKINO)
4. ark nova: marine worlds
5. angola (1988 wargame)
6. age of innovation
7. dune imperium: uprising

would like to fuck with: rogue trader + armored core 6 + vestaria saga 2
Last edited by broodstar on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby Muad'dib bin Stiltzkin » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:17 am

Minish cap is tight

Muad'dib bin Stiltzkin
ok

Postby alaska » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:17 am

the other day i was working a dumb gig job to pay for my medication but i'd run out of the other medication that helps me work the dumb gig job and that was when i realized citizen sleeper was not an A game but an A+ game

alaska

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:55 am

I don't keep good track of these things but as near as I can tell these are the games I played this year, at least enough to form an opinion (* denotes an old game I played for the first time):

LOZ - TOTK
Starfield
DQM 3
Final Fantasy 3 Pixel Remaster*
FF2 PR
FFTA*
Cassette Beasts
Siralim Ultimate*
Bravely Second*
Diablo 4
SMT Strange Journey Redux*
SMT 4*
SMT 5
Radiant Historia*
Skyrim
Oblivion
SMRPG Remake
Witchspring R
Tactics Ogre - Reborn*
Zelda 2 PC Edition*
Ogre Battle MOBQ (Saturn version)

Of those I guess my favorites would be TOTK, Tactics Ogre, SMT Strange Journey, and FFTA.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley