I am watching cable news for the first time in years

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby auspice » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:59 pm

they recently re-outfitted all the TVs in my office and I'm the only one here working late on stuff so I thought, "what the hell" and turned up the volume on MSNBC

Rachel Maddow just did an impersonation of the King Kong lady on top of the empire state building with that footage playing and then played the "We're trying to find the guy who did this!" sketch from I Think You Should Leave for reasons that are not in the least bit clear. Now she's complaining about Mike Pence, who is no longer in the White House.

what a genre
We can't stop here -- this is Night Country!

auspice

Postby polybius » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 pm

i think the russia thing broke her brain tbh
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby polybius » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 pm

i say this as someone who was fond of the whole "soft futch" look she has + gave her a pass as far as talking heads on tv go partially because of it

polybius

Postby polybius » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 pm

on another note entirely: why are you doing this to yourself, seriously

polybius

Postby Skerple » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 pm

it's so much worse than you imagine it can be
Me, I'm fine because the Bordeaux fun fair is setting up and I find the fairground people. Welcome in my world:

Skerple

Postby auspice » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 pm

polybius wrote:i say this as someone who was fond of the whole "soft futch" look she has + gave her a pass as far as talking heads on tv go partially because of it

she was honestly very charming on Maron's podcast when I listened, I'd probably enjoy hanging out with her more than Cooper or Lemon. she seems unhinged enough to be amusing off-camera.
We can't stop here -- this is Night Country!

auspice

Return to Aguachile Alley