core blimey ~ j-games dork thread (a place for friends)

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Last edited by hideaki anno's cool world on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We used to decide which dicks were hipinion dicks and which ones were craigslist dicks on this board.

hideaki anno's cool world
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby sunrise » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

gonna post in here in the future!

sunrise

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:20 pm

real confused about the zero escape hatred and my only thinking is not playing 999 beforehand.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

DRAGONS 666
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 pm

but play dangan ronpa it owns. even has a sassy bear.

DRAGONS 666

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:22 pm

wait is zero escape the title of the second one? i thought it was the name for the series as a whole

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:24 pm

i actually have no idea and could easily be getting things confused re the naming of the series as a whole beyond 999 is first and then virtues last reward.

DRAGONS 666

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:25 pm

fuck yeah aeris i got a sick ass love pillow as well + also really enjoyed akiba strip which is probably the most embarrassing game i have purchased in public rather than online yet. got real into the actual real life fliers for shit like super potato.

DRAGONS 666

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

yeah, i think that's right. i though virtue's last reward was a lot more fun than 999, and it irons out a lot of the clunkier aspects. definitely psyched for the third one to come out.

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby sunrise » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

housesitter wrote:also i'm just going to assume the corpse party series is fucking terrible? i love horror crap so it always catches my eye when i'm looking through the vita store but it just seems brutally self-serious and bad.

my first proper post was gonna be 'someone convince me to play this corpse party game i got on my psp years ago' ...

sunrise

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:27 pm

is akibas trip worth it if i'm into the look/setting of it? the actual game seems like it might not be all that fun to play

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:32 pm

if you can get it for cheap. its fun is purely walking around outside arcades and the ridiculousness of it.

DRAGONS 666

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:34 pm

also agree a lot with virtues last reward ironing out the clunks. i don't think i ever managed to get the true ending on 999 as backtracking was painful but allowing smooth time travelling with flow charts in virtues last reward made it a breeze and the plot was so fuckin nuts you got right into it.

DRAGONS 666

Postby JUGLIFE » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:34 pm

anime is hentai.
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:36 pm

yeah i think i had to repeat some of the same puzzle rooms like 10 times to get the final ending in 999. that was the biggest flaw by far.

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:38 pm

duke wrote:i love the stories and aesthetics of these games but rarely have the grind-patience to finish them so i'm looking forward to reading this thread

try dangan ronpa...no grinding/rpg stats/battles at all

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:39 pm

DRAGONS wrote:if you like the high school simulator aspects of persona as well as general visual novel/mystery solving aspect of phoenix it'll be right up your alley! also as all the dorks seem to be in the videogame thread atm, i recently got really into hyperdimension neptunia producing perfection which i didn't think i'd like but again here i am! i have never played any other game in the series, this one was just rhythm based and light stat management so i guess its pretty different to the others which i think are rpg? if i'm filthy enough to like akiba strip should i get into the rest of hyperdimension neptunia?

aeris probably can help out more than i can here - i've only played some of 2 and some of 1 rebirth.

i haven't played producing perfection, and actually have heard that it's basically the lowlight of the series.

the main series entries all use a pretty crummy looking engine. gameplay is basically pick a location, run through a bland as hell map and blap whatever enemies you have quests to blap or grab whatever items you have quests for grabbing. and then run through that same map a few more times. story is pretty dumb, inventory management is kinda boring and feels inconsequential... i generally finish neptunia sessions thinking "why am i doing this to myself". i dunno. they feel pretty amateurish. worth picking up one of the rebirth games if they're cheap on PSN (under $10) if you enjoyed PP, but as I said in the other thread, I'd actually recommend the spinoffs over them.

noir is pretty decent SRPG with tons of chibi'd out characters from the rest of the games. it's pretty fun, actually challenging at times, and has tons of bright colors. i've gotten pretty far along and would rec that one. and it's an actual game rather than a GUI for breaking number systems like disgaea. only issue I really have with it is that you kind of have to replay all of the missions to keep your characters appropriately leveled, and some of the story stuff can be a bit.. i have a high tolerance for fan service, but you're noir's "secretary" and are constantly addressed as such, and it made me feel like a bit of a doofus.

neptunia action u looks pretty great for a vita game, is colorful as hell, and is relatively fun, if mindless. it's in the style of those dynasty warriors games, but i can't remember the genre name. i enjoyed it, but again, wouldn't really recommend it unless it's on sale. the costume breaking stuff is kinda dumb, but pretty early on you're given items to turn it off (or making it easier, depending on how you roll). everything's pretty streamlined, plays nice n easy. probably would get boring quick if you're always playing it sober, though.

i dunno. i find it kind of perplexing that there are so many localized neptunia games. playing xenoblade chronicles has really opened my eyes to how terrible some of the jrpgs i play are.
We used to decide which dicks were hipinion dicks and which ones were craigslist dicks on this board.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:40 pm

housesitter wrote:pootis if you thought zero escape sucked, did you hate 999 too?

also i'm just going to assume the corpse party series is fucking terrible? i love horror crap so it always catches my eye when i'm looking through the vita store but it just seems brutally self-serious and bad.

i only played about 1.5 hrs of zero escape - it was a ps+ game. so i really shouldnt be saying anything at all. ill probably give it another shot.

i turn on j-games pretty quickly if i dont find them aesthetically pleasing.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm

i really need to go back and finish xenoblade...i think i'm nearing the end but i set it down a while back and just never picked it back up, which is a common problem i have with longer games

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:43 pm

i actually liked akiba's trip. the gameplay was ok, and im a sucker for anything set in IRL locations. it was cool to go to akihabara a year later and actually recognize stuff from the map/fliers.

also appreciated that it was short enough and had enough branches & collectibles to make replaying it quick/worthwhile. framerate was annoying, though.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:45 pm

almost all the embarrassing games i've played have been on sony consoles, which means buying from psn when there's a sale and not feeling too stupid

when i was in japan i found and bought a cheap copy of bullet girls, though. so probably that.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:46 pm

thing is you can buy basically anything in japan and it's not embarrassing at all

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:49 pm

do they even stock most of these games in actual physical stores? i think the only vita games i've ever seen on a store shelf are like uncharted and sports stuff

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby jca. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:49 pm

sunrise wrote:gonna post in here in the future!

jca.

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:49 pm

i guess im thinking of this 'cause i was looking for a disc copy in japan - mamorukun curse is pretty great and i think isn't very expensive on PSN. i got it for like four bucks during a sale.

appears to have a lot of zany plot stuff (i say appears 'cause i haven't played story/arcade mode much), but also a really fun shooter with tons of modes and challenges:

fake edit: i just checked, and it's only $4.99.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 pm

heres the arcade set up me and my ex had. as u may remember from the sticker thread i'm a big fan of manic colour.

also love pillow girl gang representing club

DRAGONS 666

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Carlton F. Mintonado wrote:do they even stock most of these games in actual physical stores? i think the only vita games i've ever seen on a store shelf are like uncharted and sports stuff

might just be because im in new york in a neighborhood that probably doesn't have many people interested in these games, but on the rare occasion i go to gamestop i see a lot of them, even special edition versions of games that have been out a year or two.

it seems like the vita basically exists as a niche device now (remote play/j-games/indies/psx/psp), though, and the trend is for stuff to get ported, but to get ported as digital-only.

but i think that's awesome, particularly now that PSN has a lot of really good sales.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:58 pm

that's sick as hell dragons

i had no idea you were so cool until recently

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Montague Terrace » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Just recently finished Danganronpa: Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Lord, that game was the definition of :?

Now I'm playing Tales of Zesteria...I'll let you weebs know how it goes. So far I like it better than Xillia

Montague Terrace

Postby Carlton F. Mintonado » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:05 pm

yeah i love dr 1&2 but i've been really wary of ultra despair girls. it just doesn't look like it has the same vibe that i like about the main series.

Carlton F. Mintonado

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:06 pm

i would very much like to hear more about ultra despair girls and why it's :?

I LOVE CATS!!!

Next

Return to Aguachile Alley